TEC Forums

Notifications
Clear all

Page 2 / 2

Rupert
(@rupert)
Active Member Registered

"In 52 The Kelestians allied themselves with the Parcines and invaded. The Republic had to accept a loss of over 50 miles inside the established border. During this time the Senate in Iridine composed and ratified the Twelve Tables in 65."

I was reading the notes from the other thread, and saw some small inconsistencies that might be worth correction. The modern Republic, from the coast where the capital Iridine is placed, to Jackal's Pt. in the Kelestian Mountains is around 25 miles total. The known world isn't really a big enough place where losing 50 miles of ground is a thing.. in most cases that would encompass entire countries, even several countries combined. The map on the player wiki is accurate to scale, and is based on coordinates provided by the GM staff. 

For context, although I wasn't provided a coordinate for it (It hasn't been plotted by staff), I would sincerely doubt even the Aestivan border is 50 miles away. All of Parcines is probably about 20 miles across. 

"The official statement from the Republic was that the Cineran forces were feeling the sting of defeat from Franlius. The remainder of the Cineran guards on the eastern border would find themselves quickly overrun by the Kelestian forces when they launched their attack in preparation for the next stage."

The furthest east city in Cinera is a place called Cair Cainen, which is a "Fortress town in eastern Cinera. It was originally built to act as a first line of defense against the Kelestians and the Iridinians. It serves that purpose still, even with diminished numbers.". The impression I get from this place is it is a strategically placed and fortified military outpost specifically built to hold back both Kelestians and Iridinians with a very small force. It's probably worth fleshing out the details of how this was overrun. 

I'm a stickler for details, especially when it comes to the games Geography! 

Thanks for reading. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/29/2022 3:26 PM
RandomOne
(@randomone)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @rupert

"In 52 The Kelestians allied themselves with the Parcines and invaded. The Republic had to accept a loss of over 50 miles inside the established border. During this time the Senate in Iridine composed and ratified the Twelve Tables in 65."

I was reading the notes from the other thread, and saw some small inconsistencies that might be worth correction. The modern Republic, from the coast where the capital Iridine is placed, to Jackal's Pt. in the Kelestian Mountains is around 25 miles total. The known world isn't really a big enough place where losing 50 miles of ground is a thing.. in most cases that would encompass entire countries, even several countries combined. The map on the player wiki is accurate to scale, and is based on coordinates provided by the GM staff. 

I know it isn't exactly how it is written, but the way I read that is that, the Republic lost 50 miles of area in their border, not a 50 mile straight line distance. So if the Kelestians penetrated about 5 miles into the country along a 10 mile front, thats where the 50 miles came from. I could very well be wrong in that assessment though. Would need staff to clarify that one.

Good catch and very good points brought up in the post, @rupert!

Check out the JagerBtFM Twitch Stream's Discord at: https://discord.gg/zKcSsrTp

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/30/2022 9:34 AM
SG Explosion
(@sgexplosion)
Story Guide Moderator

@randomone 
@rupert

Thank you both for your posts.

Unfortunately the eastern border, what happened at Cair Cainen, what is going on in Astraea, and the lore around that history is still being explored in game. I am reluctant to discuss those in further detail at this time because I would prefer to let the story unfold first. Once they have been explored, discussed, and are more common knowledge I may add them to the other post in the future.

From the player perspective it would make sense to draw the conclusion that RandomOne did, but just how much characters of this day and age would have that knowledge is a different conversation.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/31/2022 8:49 AM
RandomOne liked
RandomOne
(@randomone)
Estimable Member

Could we get some more info added to "The Kelestian People" thread at:  https://www.eternalcitygame.com/community/postid/1027/

Been a bit since it was updated and I feel there have been some developments in the storyline and world news that could be put there.

Check out the JagerBtFM Twitch Stream's Discord at: https://discord.gg/zKcSsrTp

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/09/2023 5:23 AM
SG Explosion
(@sgexplosion)
Story Guide Moderator
Posted by: @randomone

Could we get some more info added to "The Kelestian People" thread at:  https://www.eternalcitygame.com/community/postid/1027/

Been a bit since it was updated and I feel there have been some developments in the storyline and world news that could be put there.

This is being worked on right now. It might take a few days because I would like last nights event to have time to spread around the game world before updating the official post.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/26/2023 9:55 AM
Evocatus
(@evocatus)

On a regional scale, I've been wondering what sort of shape the Cinerans are in, i.e. did the Kels push the Cinerans further back than they have the Republic?  Likewise, from my understanding, the Aestivan League is an Erealite realm - what's going on with them during the Kelestian advance?

“Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” ~ Robert E. Howard

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/28/2023 4:35 PM
HeeroYuy liked
SG Explosion
(@sgexplosion)
Story Guide Moderator
Posted by: @evocatus

On a regional scale, I've been wondering what sort of shape the Cinerans are in, i.e. did the Kels push the Cinerans further back than they have the Republic?  Likewise, from my understanding, the Aestivan League is an Erealite realm - what's going on with them during the Kelestian advance?

I have story written up for this and it will be coming out over the next few months.

The flow of story has been a struggle because there are different parts that make up little bits of lore and background that we wanted to make sure that the characters had time to discover and learn on their own. We also wanted to give the characters the impression that unlike the last war they participated in Franlius that this enemy not only outnumbers them but has advantages that seem almost impossible to overcome.

Now that a base of religion has finally dropped with the last event we can begin to explore some of the wider world and the impacts.

Cinera, The Republic and neighbors, and even official happenings between the Kelestians and the Republic are all being worked on.

Great question!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 08/01/2023 8:52 AM
SG Explosion
(@sgexplosion)
Story Guide Moderator
Posted by: @sgexplosion
Posted by: @evocatus

I have story written up for this and it will be coming out over the next few months.

The flow of story has been a struggle because there are different parts that make up little bits of lore and background that we wanted to make sure that the characters had time to discover and learn on their own. We also wanted to give the characters the impression that unlike the last war they participated in Franlius that this enemy not only outnumbers them but has advantages that seem almost impossible to overcome.

Now that a base of religion has finally dropped with the last event we can begin to explore some of the wider world and the impacts.

Cinera, The Republic and neighbors, and even official happenings between the Kelestians and the Republic are all being worked on.

Great question!

It just so happens that there should be bits of this floating around the gameworld now!

With more to come! 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/23/2023 11:04 AM
RandomOne liked
Page 2 / 2
Share: