TEC Forums

Notifications
Clear all

Domus Bath option now available

GMSiddhe
(@eternal-admin)
GameMaster Admin

If you've ever dreamed of daydreaming in your own personal baths, today's your day! The domus bath option is now available for 250 StPs.

Simply go to @menu, then choose Character Manager (C) and then Spend Story-Points (P). Domus bath is option (4).

You'll then receive the domus bank option in your PERKS menu. When you're ready to use it, send in an @request to get started. (Using the perk will prompt you with the same information).

Topic starter Posted : 09/29/2021 6:03 PM
Evocatus
(@evocatus)

Great addition!  Looking forward to using mine!

“Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” ~ Robert E. Howard

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/29/2021 7:20 PM
Tyril
(@tyril)

Are they effectively just extra rooms attached to your domus, or do they replace one? Is it a hot or cold bath or is that an option? I am excited to potentially have a bath in my domus. Thank you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/29/2021 7:31 PM
GM Analog
(@analog)
Gamemaster Admin
Posted by: @tyril

Are they effectively just extra rooms attached to your domus, or do they replace one? Is it a hot or cold bath or is that an option? I am excited to potentially have a bath in my domus. Thank you.

You can have the baths replace a room, or, add a new room for it (typically by going down, as long as there is space).

There is no in-game or RP cost to transform/add a new room for a basic bath, because you are already paying StPs for them. If you wanted to upgrade your basic bath cosmetically with fancy descriptions and items, there would be an IC charge for that much like other domus room changes.

You can choose hot, or, cold baths - up to you!

Enjoy your soaks, and, your wrinkly toes! =)

Edited to add that there is no extra in-game or rolepoint cost to add a basic bath.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/30/2021 11:10 AM
Kjel
 Kjel
(@kjel)
Eminent Member

@analog

How many org credits for a set of baths?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/30/2021 1:57 PM
Kjel
 Kjel
(@kjel)
Eminent Member

Is there a reason my post about using org points for a set of baths was deleted? Seemed like a pretty innocuous and relevant question. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/01/2021 7:20 AM
GMSiddhe
(@eternal-admin)
GameMaster Admin
Posted by: @kjel

Is there a reason my post about using org points for a set of baths was deleted? Seemed like a pretty innocuous and relevant question. 

Hi there! None of your posts were deleted. I could see them on the backend but not from the user-view of the forums, so we did a little forum maintenance and everything seems to be fine now.

To answer your question, org credits have not really been a thing for many years, so there isn't currently pricing for org baths via credits. It may be available in the future, and we'll be sure to share when that's the case.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/01/2021 9:42 AM
Kjel
 Kjel
(@kjel)
Eminent Member

@eternal-admin Thanks, Siddhe. Feel free to delete my repeat posts! Also, if an org wanted to add baths, could they pool StP?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/01/2021 10:12 AM
GMSiddhe
(@eternal-admin)
GameMaster Admin
Posted by: @kjel

@eternal-admin Thanks, Siddhe. Feel free to delete my repeat posts! Also, if an org wanted to add baths, could they pool StP?

There currently is not an option for this. When/if we decide to make it something orgs could request, it will be through a dedicated system (like "new" org credits, etc.). Org buildings aren't owned by the players that utilize them, so opening them up to StP spend could get awkward if the person/people that paid for them left the org/had a falling out, and then wanted their baths back.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/01/2021 1:15 PM
Kjel
 Kjel
(@kjel)
Eminent Member

@eternal-admin 

Is it accurate to say that the minimum cost of adding a bath would be:

New 10x10 room: 100T base, plus 3000RPs (basic)/2000RPs (premium) + 125 story points?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/01/2021 1:56 PM
GMSiddhe
(@eternal-admin)
GameMaster Admin

As Analog mentioned above, there are no additional costs outside of the 250 StP purchase for a personal character baths. If you'd like it to be overly opulent, you would pay the IG costs for those makeovers, similar to how a normal domus makeover works.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/01/2021 7:27 PM
Dragonus
(@dragonus)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @analog
Posted by: @tyril

You can have the baths replace a room, or, add a new room for it (typically by going down, as long as there is space).

There is no in-game cost to transform/add a new room for a basic bath, because you are already paying StPs for them. If you wanted to upgrade your basic bath cosmetically with fancy descriptions and items, there would be an IC charge for that much like other domus room changes.

You can choose hot, or, cold baths - up to you!

Enjoy your soaks, and, your wrinkly toes! =)

Just to confirm, would any mechanical benefits or general mechanics associated to public hot/cold baths also be associated to a domus baths?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/01/2021 8:34 PM
GM Analog
(@analog)
Gamemaster Admin

@dragonus Yes, domus baths function just like publicly accessible city baths (i.e. Riverside baths) currently do - hot, or, cold.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/01/2021 9:19 PM
Share: