TEC Forums

Notifications
Clear all

Housing questions

Page 1 / 2

Herdias
(@herdias)
Eminent Member

Great addition to the gameworld that we can have different options in different locales Siddhe! Kudos. 

Few questions: 

Sandbar Domii: 1 additional room, but the cheapest StP cost of all of them. What's the reasoning behind this? I'd have assumed the Steps would be 'cheapest'.

Steps Domii: Are these all going to be in the neutral territory? Can we request that they be in north or south for IC purposes?

RV/Seld Domii: Are these all inside town or can they be little cottages out in the woods nearby?

Room Customization/Furniture requests: Can we see an example of what a standard IG cost would be to update a room or have furniture placed? I'm sure this is dependant on the complexity of the request but maybe a ballpark figure?

Very excited about these. Wish I wouldn't have spent all my StP's on empathy.  🙄 

Topic starter Posted : 12/20/2020 10:07 PM
ArchMagi
(@archmagi)
Trusted Member

got a fountain for 50 talents.... it was a highly detailed fountain....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/21/2020 11:26 AM
GMSiddhe
(@eternal-admin)
GameMaster Admin
Posted by: @herdias

Great addition to the gameworld that we can have different options in different locales Siddhe! Kudos. 

Few questions: 

Sandbar Domii: 1 additional room, but the cheapest StP cost of all of them. What's the reasoning behind this? I'd have assumed the Steps would be 'cheapest'.

Steps Domii: Are these all going to be in the neutral territory? Can we request that they be in north or south for IC purposes?

RV/Seld Domii: Are these all inside town or can they be little cottages out in the woods nearby?

Room Customization/Furniture requests: Can we see an example of what a standard IG cost would be to update a room or have furniture placed? I'm sure this is dependant on the complexity of the request but maybe a ballpark figure?

Very excited about these. Wish I wouldn't have spent all my StP's on empathy.  🙄 

Hi there!

Sandbar has generally offered six rooms per domus in the past, and I didn't think they needed to be downsized. The cost was reduced for them as they were the "old standard" and we wanted to be able to offer new, interesting options without a huge StP increase.

Steps will all be in the central territory. Requests outside of that are not available at this time.

RV/Seld will be inside town. Outside "city" gates are not available at this time, either.

As for room customization costs, much like any alteration or custom item, they'll be dependent on the materials used, the complexity of design, etc.

As an example, an update to the paint in one room would start at 5 talents base. Depending on the colors selected, how fancy the paint job was, etc. it might go up from there. Or you may opt to have a dining table added. Base for that might be 7 talents, but if it was made from marble, it might jump to 20 talents, etc.

We are happy to price out any design ideas you may have, just send them in via @request.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/22/2020 12:22 AM
Ioulinus liked
Tyril
(@tyril)

Hello,

Is there a way to know if a certain type of house is sold out before buying story points to get one?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/27/2020 11:13 AM
GMSiddhe
(@eternal-admin)
GameMaster Admin
Posted by: @tyril

Hello,

Is there a way to know if a certain type of house is sold out before buying story points to get one?

Currently there's not an automated way to find out this information from your end. But you are welcome to ring the bell or submit a request ticket, and we can let you know. Hope that helps!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/28/2020 2:31 PM
Kyna
 Kyna
(@kyna)

Is the WA Housing Office still going to be a thing? I'm making a whole list of things that I'd like to get pricing on for IG and RP costs, and I'd rather not bug you all with asking so many questions if there's a way I can find the answer otherwise. Thanks so much!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/24/2021 2:22 PM
TsunamiJack
(@tsunamijack)

Now that these housing perks have been out for a little while, I'm curious what flexibility is allowed. I've noticed that most of the domus' are all in a row in each of the areas, especially in Seld and the Steps. Are there any options for not being bunched up in a corner? The Sandbar ones were a little more spread out so I'm curious what is allowed. Any thoughts of feedback would be appreciated.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/28/2021 2:24 PM
ArchMagi
(@archmagi)
Trusted Member

The sandbar domi were released multiple times, each time they were released all bunched up, on the street... not sure what you're talking about, care to explain?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/28/2021 4:42 PM
TsunamiJack
(@tsunamijack)

@archmagi When I've walked around looking at the Sandbar domus', it seemed that not all of them were crunched into one corner but spread out out over a long stretch of multiple roads.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/29/2021 10:14 AM
ArchMagi
(@archmagi)
Trusted Member

that's because they were released multiple times... could be wrong, but pretty sure they released them one street at a time.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/29/2021 5:04 PM
TsunamiJack
(@tsunamijack)

We're talking about text houses. I'm just curious if they could be copied and pasted more spread out so they aren't crunched up in a corner. Maybe a toon doesn't like being around people and is looking to not have 10 neighbors all in such close proximity?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/01/2021 12:34 PM
GMSiddhe
(@eternal-admin)
GameMaster Admin
Posted by: @tsunamijack

Now that these housing perks have been out for a little while, I'm curious what flexibility is allowed. I've noticed that most of the domus' are all in a row in each of the areas, especially in Seld and the Steps. Are there any options for not being bunched up in a corner? The Sandbar ones were a little more spread out so I'm curious what is allowed. Any thoughts of feedback would be appreciated.

Currently all new housing is in the same "neighborhood" in each town. Sandbar housing is a little spread out, simply due to the quantity.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/01/2021 2:13 PM
ArchMagi
(@archmagi)
Trusted Member

We're talking about text houses. I'm just curious if they could be copied and pasted more spread out so they aren't crunched up in a corner. Maybe a toon doesn't like being around people and is looking to not have 10 neighbors all in such close proximity?

I have no issue with that, I was just curious what you were referring to with the sandbar comment. In no way should what I commented be referred to as me arguing with your wish, I was just explaining how the sandbar were released all bunched up as well, just multiple times.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/01/2021 6:07 PM
TsunamiJack
(@tsunamijack)

@eternal-admin

Housing options in Vet have been mentioned for well, years. When will we see domus options in Vet?

And is there no way to move a domus to a quiet block away from others, even for an RP cost?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/02/2021 8:49 AM
GMSiddhe
(@eternal-admin)
GameMaster Admin

Housing options in Vet have been mentioned for well, years. When will we see domus options in Vet?

There are no current plans to add StP-spend purchases for domus options in Vet.

And is there no way to move a domus to a quiet block away from others, even for an RP cost?

No, this is not an RP-spend option.

Hope that helps answer the questions!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/02/2021 12:45 PM
Page 1 / 2
Share: