TEC Forums

Notifications
Clear all

Combat Revamp - Timelines/Update ?

Dragonus
(@dragonus)
Eminent Member

Heya! Question for GMs.

We've been hearing about the revamp/overhaul/balancing/etc. to combat for the better part of a year. I was wondering if any timelines can be shared around when we should expect to see minor or major changes?

When are you planning/hoping for most of this work to be done?

I believe a lot of reports have been made with a response of "It will be included in the upcoming combat balancing". A lot of people are hoping for a balancing of some of the most impactful points.

• Staves - OP, largely due to aggro/defensive stepping maneuvers + sweep mechanics.
  • Swords - too high an SP investment for little benefit. Base OHS just being a huge pre-req skillset + blocks, no ability to utilize multiple style/skillsets at once, while combining other skillsets is still very much doable (e.g. Brawling + Anything).
  • Stats - playing too-significant a part in combat that cannot really be overcome by any other means. If a character has 20K ranks and been around for ages, if their stats are terrible, they likely can't or can barely handle top-end hunting grounds.
  • etc.

Can you share what you've summarized as major points you want the upcoming combat balancing to address?

Topic starter Posted : 05/21/2021 10:28 AM
fezzik liked
fezzik
(@fezzik)
Posted by: @dragonus

• Staves - OP, largely due to aggro/defensive stepping maneuvers + sweep mechanics.
  • Swords - too high an SP investment for little benefit. Base OHS just being a huge pre-req skillset + blocks, no ability to utilize multiple style/skillsets at once, while combining other skillsets is still very much doable (e.g. Brawling + Anything).
  • Stats - playing too-significant a part in combat that cannot really be overcome by any other means. If a character has 20K ranks and been around for ages, if their stats are terrible, they likely can't or can barely handle top-end hunting grounds.
  • etc.

I hope we hear from GMs.

My two cents:

Staves fix = make sspin unaimable and auto aims high. Dsweep fails have potential to leave opening on the staver/attacker. = Staves fixed. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/22/2021 6:23 PM
Tyril
(@tyril)

I don't do PVP enough these days to know the biggest issues with staves but would one way to help not allowing defensive sweep to follow stepping spin?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/23/2021 11:35 PM
Kered
(@kered)
Trusted Member

Remove avros openings and rapid strike throwing.

Make having 3 actual layers mean alot more than I have a stepping move big stick and you are terrible 

Single move look at whips ankle trap, pank wclasp etc - make them blockable more with shields.

1 handed axes I feel could use another block 

Nerf machine guns

Est 1999

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/25/2021 7:29 PM
ArchMagi
(@archmagi)
Trusted Member

pankration waist clasp is both easy to avoid, and hard to pull off.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/26/2021 3:18 AM
GMSiddhe
(@eternal-admin)
GameMaster Admin

I don't have a date to share, but this is still being worked on, and when we are ready to start making announcements, you'll find them here, in *news, and likely the newsletter. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/27/2021 1:49 PM
Share: