TEC Forums

Notifications
Clear all

Orentho Token rate

RandomOne
(@randomone)
Estimable Member

Over the past two days, myself and a few other fisherman have noticed that Orentho (Nehal Village) is only paying out 2 tokens per fish, regardless of size of fish or where the fish is caught in the gameworld. Fish ranging from 2-28lbs were turned in from as close as Rock Valley, to as far away as Franlius. I have attached the spreadsheet tracking the different fish as well as size, and the token return rate for reference. This has not always been the case, as previously the exchange rate for tokens was based on fish weight.

I looked back through all the patch notes, and there wasn't a mention of any change to token exchange rate for Orentho. The only mention of Orentho was that they would no longer accept humanoids (13 MAR 2021). The only mention of fish was that Borkos had his prices adjusted to reflect the changes to fish weight (20 MAR 2021). Independent forum searches for Fish, Tokens and Orentho did not provide any clues as to the nature of the change, or the fact there had been a change at all.

Since there has clearly been a change to the Fish to Token exchange rate, but there is no mention of it in the patch notes, What is the current mechanic governing the token exchange rate for Orentho?

Check out the JagerBtFM Twitch Stream's Discord at: https://discord.gg/zKcSsrTp

Topic starter Posted : 07/10/2021 8:25 AM
ArchMagi
(@archmagi)
Trusted Member

can confirm, prices are now fixed, not by weight.

course, I used a broker, so got double what you got, but still, it's fixed.

massive thick silver-colored fish - 8 lbs - 4 tokens
massive salmon - 6 lbs - 4 tokens
massive soft-shelled turtle - 6 lbs - 4 tokens
massive meaty greenish brown fish with a large mouth - 5 lbs - 4 tokens

Wonder why they changed it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/10/2021 5:23 PM
RandomOne
(@randomone)
Estimable Member

Oh, I went back later and checked it. Fish >1lb were 1 token, 2lbs were 2 tokens, and fish 4-38lbs were 4 tokens. So something was changed between yesterday and today. I checked for 3 days and it was 2 tokens per. Then today after my post I checked again to reconfirm, and suddenly it had changed.

Check out the JagerBtFM Twitch Stream's Discord at: https://discord.gg/zKcSsrTp

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/10/2021 6:07 PM
Share: