TEC Forums

Notifications
Clear all

What is the status of TEC?

Kjel
 Kjel
(@kjel)
Eminent Member

I hate to be the one to write threads like this, but where are we as a game? It seems like GMs have gone quiet and there's a general unease in the playerbase. Can someone please chime in and let us know what's going on? This forum seems to be on it's last breath (especially after allowing 20 years of lore and history from the Skotos forums to just disappear).

I know I'm not the only one feeling this way. Three weeks and no response about the November promo.

Topic starter Posted : 11/19/2020 9:05 PM
Telerose
(@telerose)

I will add to this. In general it feels like gm involvement has just decreased. Maybe they are burnt out like us but it is still a game we are paying for. Communication is way better received than just radio silence all the time. One of my chars lost 24t due to a bug and I’ve been trying to get someone to fix it a product selling npc that takes your money then doesn’t give you what you paid for is not really fun. I personally get there won’t be promos all the time I guess. I really hope the level of gm involvement increases because there are just so many functions of the game that can’t happen on their own. Like I don’t want to be constantly entertained but a little bit of an increase in story arcs would be a welcome change too. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/19/2020 10:14 PM
fezzik
(@fezzik)

the status is the same as the old forums

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/20/2020 11:04 AM
GMSiddhe
(@eternal-admin)
GameMaster Admin
Posted by: @kjel

Three weeks and no response about the November promo.

I didn't respond to the original November promo post, because the response is not different than the other times this question has been asked. One more time, so that everyone is on the same page:

Promos do not happen every month. When there is a promo, it will be announced. Sometimes we have them at the beginning of the month, sometimes later in the month. Sometimes not at all.

Promos we almost always have: October half-off covers (a nod to Halloween) and January half-off VC characters (a new start for the new year).

Outside of that, promos are designed to support game happenings or to complement other promos (example: half-off new skill slots relatively close to January, so you can learn more skills with your new toons).

Black Friday is coming up (for those of you that live outside the US: big shopping day) so you may see a promo to celebrate that. Keep an eye on the appropriate channels for announcements. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/21/2020 5:01 PM
Therisifus
(@therisifus)

I'm glad you replied for the umpteenth time.  Thank you siddhe

Not joking thank you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/21/2020 5:26 PM
Telerose
(@telerose)

Okay. Sorry, still leaves the question of why are GMs so MIA lately. It feels like there is a lack of commitment to addressing important issues. No offense, Pranzor just looked at a bug and dismissed it without fixing it and it’s going on a week. It’s a known issue nonetheless. Other people are also starting to have issues with the same broken npc and losing money ig too. Someone really needs to oversee everyday basic maintenance. Like basic maintenance for a subscription shouldn’t be considered an extra feature. It should be part of the package no offense. The unease of the player base isn’t being looked at. It seems like WA meetings don’t happen anymore and the players have no input on the game. The vote message comes up 10x a day and I don’t really want to invite people to come be just as frustrated as some of us are with various aspects of the game. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/22/2020 11:28 AM
Kjel
 Kjel
(@kjel)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @eternal-admin

I didn't respond to the original November promo post, because the response is not different than the other times this question has been asked. One more time, so that everyone is on the same page:

I appreciate the response, Siddhe. I think the interest in the promos shows the genuine interest in them and what they bring to the game.

That aside, the main part of my post was about the status of the game and where things are at. Is there some better forum (no pun intended) for soliciting GM input? Communication has been the longest running gripe with TEC, regardless of who is in charge. So many people want to be involved, share feedback, input, and ideas. There's the initial thrust, then always goes quiet. Hence the point of this post.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/22/2020 11:56 AM
Zeldaiscool
(@zeldaiscool)

Promos do not happen every month. When there is a promo, it will be announced. Sometimes we have them at the beginning of the month, sometimes later in the month. Sometimes not at all.

Promos we almost always have: October half-off covers (a nod to Halloween) and January half-off VC characters (a new start for the new year).

Outside of that, promos are designed to support game happenings or to complement other promos (example: half-off new skill slots relatively close to January, so you can learn more skills with your new toons).

Black Friday is coming up (for those of you that live outside the US: big shopping day) so you may see a promo to celebrate that. Keep an eye on the appropriate channels for announcements. 🙂

Can I make a small suggestion to prevent having to address issues relating to Promotions and misunderstandings associated to them. Perhaps it would be more clear or less confusing if instead of naming the promotions "October promotion" or "November promotion" that they be instead called, "Halloween Promotion effective October 1st to October 31st[or whatever date range]" or "Black Friday Promotion effective November 23rd to 29th[or whatever date range]"

Using a name followed by the date range it effective for instead of a promotion "for the month of" should be less confusing and remove an expectation that a promotion is being held every month. This may be a simple way to add some clarity to the promotion system.

Christmas Promotion, New years promotion, etc....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/22/2020 6:20 PM
Dragonus liked
Shizdain
(@shizdain)

I know that I was personally involved with this song and dance in a lower point of my existence. If you dig, yes, you can find a few nibbles about promos. The players can seem like squabbling chickens at dinner time sometimes, but it's important to remember that Role Points are like gold. We want to plan our expenditures.

It might not be a bad idea to consider simply posting a promotion calendar at the beginning of each year so the players can plan what they want to save for. Would this defeat the purpose? Promos are a great idea, and the last thing we want to do is sour the idea for you. I will remind you that now more than ever, everyone is practicing frugality. Will there be a sale? What items will be for sale? We're all on a budget, yo.

#FreeShizdain

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/23/2020 12:52 AM
Dragonus liked
Sam
 Sam
(@sam)

I tried to share my ideas, turns out they would rather just delete them. Find it funny though that others are having issues with the same GM. Hhmmmm how odd.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/23/2020 5:00 AM
Telerose
(@telerose)

Oops so ya can have an inn room and a bank account still. My bad, I was wrong. Not alone in the issues with the particular gm though. As Sam said!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/24/2020 8:41 PM
GMSiddhe
(@eternal-admin)
GameMaster Admin
Posted by: @zeldaiscool

Can I make a small suggestion to prevent having to address issues relating to Promotions and misunderstandings associated to them. Perhaps it would be more clear or less confusing if instead of naming the promotions "October promotion" or "November promotion" that they be instead called, "Halloween Promotion effective October 1st to October 31st[or whatever date range]" or "Black Friday Promotion effective November 23rd to 29th[or whatever date range]"

Using a name followed by the date range it effective for instead of a promotion "for the month of" should be less confusing and remove an expectation that a promotion is being held every month. This may be a simple way to add some clarity to the promotion system.

Christmas Promotion, New years promotion, etc....

If a word change in the announcement of the promotion will help, we can definitely do that. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/27/2020 2:55 PM
Dragonus liked
GMSiddhe
(@eternal-admin)
GameMaster Admin
Posted by: @shizdain

I know that I was personally involved with this song and dance in a lower point of my existence. If you dig, yes, you can find a few nibbles about promos. The players can seem like squabbling chickens at dinner time sometimes, but it's important to remember that Role Points are like gold. We want to plan our expenditures.

It might not be a bad idea to consider simply posting a promotion calendar at the beginning of each year so the players can plan what they want to save for. Would this defeat the purpose? Promos are a great idea, and the last thing we want to do is sour the idea for you. I will remind you that now more than ever, everyone is practicing frugality. Will there be a sale? What items will be for sale? We're all on a budget, yo.

Promotions have never been announced in advance, except the one year that we did a short calendar (few months) as a test. Unfortunately, it didn't really work, for various reasons. We'll continue announcing them as we plan them, except for the two that I previously mentioned will always take place at the same time (October and January). Hopefully if you're saving up your sens, you'll be able to pounce if you see a promo you like! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/27/2020 2:57 PM
GMSiddhe
(@eternal-admin)
GameMaster Admin

I appreciate the response, Siddhe. I think the interest in the promos shows the genuine interest in them and what they bring to the game.

That aside, the main part of my post was about the status of the game and where things are at. Is there some better forum (no pun intended) for soliciting GM input? Communication has been the longest running gripe with TEC, regardless of who is in charge. So many people want to be involved, share feedback, input, and ideas. There's the initial thrust, then always goes quiet. Hence the point of this post.

If you have suggestions or feedback, there are both a feedback and a suggestion option in the @request menu. They don't always receive a response, but we do collect all that information to use for planning purposes. 🙂 If you need to speak directly to a GM because you need to discuss something specific to you or your account, you can ring the bell, or send an email to cs@eternalcitygame.com if you need to reach me, directly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/27/2020 2:59 PM
Share: