TEC Forums

Notifications
Clear all

Creature button push

sigsauer
(@sigsauer)
Eminent Member

I was awarded three creature button pushes.  The first one was a creature who spawned at the treehouse during a Jageris event in which I was able to throw axes at folks.  I couldn't see his ranks because everything was an auto95 on what I assume was new characters to the game since I didn't recognize their names and at a newbie event.  This character tried to find some fun somewhere else and was KOed by the two soldiers at the crossroads bridge.  This is where I learned these NPCs don't go to your character lists (they are one offs when you type sleep you lose it).  I don't know how Crepus was played where he was able to continue to login (Must be an SG trader?).  This is the story of the second creature push.

He was a Steps garden denizen, in which, I scoured the area but for a PC but couldn't find anyone but other denizens and animals roaming.  After some time, the boredom began setting in.  I left the gardens to see what I could get into, and found myself lost in the Steps like always.  I started spamming westerly till I seen something I recognized and roamed through the portcullis where he was instantly warranted and chased by the posted constable.  The constable left his post and I went towards Lathian's to shut the door behind me.  This is where his adventures really began.  An hour+ long chase inside and outside the bar.  This is the story about a 2 line trigger and a variable versus a highly intelligent AI heat seeking constable with who knows how much detail in the algorithm.

I captured just 10 minutes of this excitement with the appropriate theme song:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/949100101?t=0h13m38s

This is how his story ends:

A constable, wielding a sturdy oak quarterstave, walks in through a warped
wooden door.
You run through a warped wooden door.

You arrive at a small pub. Lathian and an acrobat are here. You are facing
west. You see a warped wooden door to the east and a thick plank door to the
west.
close door
You close a warped wooden door.
A warped wooden door opens.
east
wooden door.

You arrive at a rough-cobbled road. Aurville is here. You are facing east. You
see a dreary walk to the north, a rough-cobbled road to the south, and a warped
wooden door to the west.
close door
A warped wooden door opens.
west
wooden door.

You arrive at a small pub. Lathian, an acrobat, a constable, a constable, a
constable, and a constable are here. You are facing west. You see a warped
wooden door to the east and a thick plank door to the west.
A constable watches you carefully as you enter.
close door

Rest in peace Sprinter.  You won't be missed.

Auburn to the CWS! War damn eagle.

Topic starter Posted : 03/14/2021 8:04 PM
ArchMagi
(@archmagi)
Trusted Member

Buying an npc is permanent, pushing the button is temporary, thus the role point price difference.

Also, thanks for admitting to cheating.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/15/2021 2:36 PM
sigsauer
(@sigsauer)
Eminent Member

@archmagi

I'm blessed to have your thankfulness.

You got people messed up if you think they are playing MUDs outside a standard mudclient or tintin connection in 2021.

I should refer you to reddit.com/r/mud and go ask how many people there are willing to play outside their comfort client.

(I might actually do it for you and report the results)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/15/2021 3:58 PM
sigsauer
(@sigsauer)
Eminent Member

@archmagi

My apologies, I felt bad for not including you.

Here is the thread if you're capable of following

any directions that doesn't come from the tec official

client.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MUD/comments/m5twfs/enforced_clients/?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/15/2021 7:13 PM
sigsauer
(@sigsauer)
Eminent Member

As promised, the results are as follows:

MUDers are very niche genre less than .01% of world population

Per the discussion, you have a 1 in 15 chance of a player to even try the MUD based off client preference alone.

A single person preferred an enforced client with aspirations that the client is a landscape/palette and the MUD

client will continue to evolve into something like (his hopes) Runescape or World of Warcraft.

My name is Zigzower, and I've admitted to cheating.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/16/2021 4:03 PM
ArchMagi
(@archmagi)
Trusted Member

At what point did you think this was about client choice?

When Siddhe said unofficial clients are fine till further notice, that was the final word.

The part I'm referring to is you admitting to using a script to automatically run out when a constable comes in, thus, cheating. You want to run another client, that's your choice.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/16/2021 5:22 PM
sigsauer
(@sigsauer)
Eminent Member

@archmagi

The whole event was supposed to be humorous. I don't know about you but I laughed at the thought of a dirty man running from the law and a man trying to catch him with a stick in a chase. The imagery of running through a bar and around tables and back outside slamming doors have it a real 3 stooges or dukes of hazzard vibe. It was supposed to be a positive post but you misdirected it into something negative. However, you had a really good discussion point. What is quality of life, what is cheating, and why should we care? The topic I made on reddit was had more of a hot response than anything that sub has seen in awhile. I thought we could learn from those results and I think there are 2 distinct takeaways. 1) Screen readers compatibility and really passing along the word to whatever forums they were discussing. 2) I spent $200-300 on advertising for a year for this game and saw two names blue during thst phase. So, what went wrong? I believe you nailed it, they are all cheating somewhere else because they like the quality of life of comfort clients without your expert opinion on everything, carryon.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/16/2021 9:19 PM
ArchMagi
(@archmagi)
Trusted Member

And if you would have done it manually, that would have indeed been funny.

I even watched your video, at no point was there anything entered in the input bar, thus meaning it was all automatic... not so funny.

If you want to cheat in a single player game, all the power to you, who doesn't? Cheating in a multiplayer game, i.e., doing things automatically, like running from the law, is not fair play to those doing it properly. You can play defensive all you want, but scripting like that is not, nor should it be, allowed in this particular game.  It's not only allowed, but it's required, in some other games, like Achaea though.

I don't know why you think spending any amount of money on something gives you the right to break the rules, there are people who spend more on things and get outright banned for doing less, with no refund.  Maybe not in TEC, but other places for sure.

For someone "not doing anything wrong" You sure did get mighty verbose about it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/16/2021 9:38 PM
sigsauer
(@sigsauer)
Eminent Member

@archmagi

While I'd be lying to say I value you're opinion, we are honestly the two biggest tool players on the game currently. Nothing you and I discuss are ever gonna be productive or in agreement. So try your best to stay in your nowrong utopia and I'll keep ignoring your existence.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/16/2021 9:56 PM
Share: