TEC Forums

Notifications
Clear all

Can we talk about the changes to the BHC?

Philippe
(@philippe)
Eminent Member

Hey folks,

I'd love for the GMs to chime into the recent difficulty ramp ups in the BHC. I see they haven't been covered in the recent patch notes.
It is widely accepted by the player base that consequential changes have been made.

Please loop us in; and any other changes to other hunting grounds while you're at it.

Many thanks,

Philippe

Topic starter Posted : 04/29/2021 4:50 PM
Philippe
(@philippe)
Eminent Member

Bump.

There's clearly been some changes here. I find it disingenuous that we have patch notes for some things but not for others.

Please address this.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/12/2021 4:19 PM
GM Analog
(@analog)
Gamemaster Admin

I am a little confused by this post, as I believe you already sent in a ticket with the same question. There have been no recent changes to the BHC.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/15/2021 3:08 PM
Lelex
(@lelex)

There have absolutely been changes to multiple hunting grounds in terms of difficulty. Aralex are about 15 points harder to hit than they were a couple of months ago and about 10-15 points more accurate. The BHC AI is a lot more responsive and follows an entirely different stance progression than they used to. Some Cinerans are more difficult now than they were. While there might have not been a direct change to said grounds, something has changed somewhere in the background to ramp the difficulty up.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/15/2021 3:42 PM
Philippe
(@philippe)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @analog

I am a little confused by this post, as I believe you already sent in a ticket with the same question. There have been no recent changes to the BHC.

Hello Analog,

Thank you for opening up the dialogue on your end.

I don't believe I've sent in a ticket about this issue. If I have, and I'm asking again, it's likely because I don't feel like the question has been answered to my satisfaction. Again, however, I don't believe I've sent in a @report regarding this.

Posted by: @lelex

There have absolutely been changes to multiple hunting grounds in terms of difficulty. Aralex are about 15 points harder to hit than they were a couple of months ago and about 10-15 points more accurate. The BHC AI is a lot more responsive and follows an entirely different stance progression than they used to. Some Cinerans are more difficult now than they were. While there might have not been a direct change to said grounds, something has changed somewhere in the background to ramp the difficulty up.

All of this is true in my experience and has been noticed by many players across several hunting grounds. I think it's reasonable and fair for us to ask what's changed and what's been going on. A conversation about this would be in keeping with the spirit of the patch notes that have been posted recently and would also be consistent with the communication around changes to combat promised by @siddhe during her last road map announcement.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Philippe

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/15/2021 4:02 PM
GMSiddhe
(@eternal-admin)
GameMaster Admin

Nothing has changed in the BHC, other than dogs now are spawning slightly less. I have compared the BHC NPC data from a backup from weeks ago with today's data - it's all still the same. Unless the game's AI is taking over while we're all sleeping, then you're likely experiencing RNG.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/16/2021 2:10 PM
fezzik
(@fezzik)

the best change to BHC that is not mentioned anywhere is that the "xyz spits in your face" doesn't result in an auto 95. Thanks for tweaking that to be a penalty or less stupid than it was.

Also, kudos for making the hounds and boss fights more manageable.

This post was modified 3 years ago by fezzik
ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/17/2021 5:25 PM
Share: