TEC Forums

Notifications
Clear all

Coma Sickness Timer

Syden
(@syden)

Siddhe/GMs,

This is a plea from the playerbase to review the timer on coma sickness.

Currently it seems as if it is:

Comasicknesstimer = Timeincoma

There are some players who have been in a coma for extensive periods of time.

Suggestion that you put a maximum cap of 1 RL week on coma sickness so players don't instantly leave upon return.

Thanks

Topic starter Posted : 05/27/2022 9:30 PM
GM Analog
(@analog)
Gamemaster Admin

I am confused by this post, as I do not see any recent tickets from anyone reporting an issue with coma sickness.

The forums are not generally the best place to request assistance for this type of issue. If someone is having an issue, I encourage them to submit a bug report, or, ring the GM bell (I am often on duty, and, available to take a look in the moment).

We are unable to troubleshoot/resolve issues if we do not know they exist - and, we need to know the specifics of the issue (the player, character, etc.) before we can attempt to resolve.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/27/2022 11:15 PM
RandomOne liked
ArchMagi
(@archmagi)
Trusted Member

I thought there was a cap on it of 48 hours.... Real time. With it being less if you're woken up by an acolyte early. And you only hit 48 hours if you're not in the ward, checked in.

Anything longer than that sounds like a bug?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/28/2022 4:03 AM
Syden
(@syden)
Posted by: @analog

I am confused by this post, as I do not see any recent tickets from anyone reporting an issue with coma sickness.

The forums are not generally the best place to request assistance for this type of issue. If someone is having an issue, I encourage them to submit a bug report, or, ring the GM bell (I am often on duty, and, available to take a look in the moment).

We are unable to troubleshoot/resolve issues if we do not know they exist - and, we need to know the specifics of the issue (the player, character, etc.) before we can attempt to resolve.

I raised this because a player recently returned and was allegedly told that they will have to wait out there coma timer. When asking the playerbase, quite a few people responded that they had been provided the same response. Even from my experience, I have had the same issue.

Unless it has been changed recently, the length of time that you experience coma sickness is calculated by the length of time you are in a coma. If you sleep off a coma for a year, you will experience coma symptoms for a year.

My apologies, I will stick to sending in @reports.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/28/2022 9:37 AM
RandomOne liked
GM Analog
(@analog)
Gamemaster Admin
Posted by: @syden

I raised this because a player recently returned and was allegedly told that they will have to wait out there coma timer. When asking the playerbase, quite a few people responded that they had been provided the same response. Even from my experience, I have had the same issue.

Unless it has been changed recently, the length of time that you experience coma sickness is calculated by the length of time you are in a coma. If you sleep off a coma for a year, you will experience coma symptoms for a year.

My apologies, I will stick to sending in @reports.

No need to apologize - it is just that, as I said, it is hard to troubleshoot issues via the forums. We need real bug reports in game so we can attempt to resolve issues. (I still have yet to see any bug reports from returning players or otherwise regarding an issue with coma recovery times being excessively long.)

If you were affected, or, know someone who was affected, please have them send in a bug report so we can troubleshoot.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/18/2022 1:57 PM
RandomOne liked
Dragonus
(@dragonus)
Eminent Member

So is the cap now 48 hours?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/19/2022 12:56 AM
RandomOne liked
RandomOne
(@randomone)
Estimable Member

@dragonus I am curious what the timer actually is now as well so I can update my new player guide. 

@analog Is it 48 hours standard after a coma now or is it some other calculation?

Check out the JagerBtFM Twitch Stream's Discord at: https://discord.gg/zKcSsrTp

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/19/2022 9:22 AM
GM Analog
(@analog)
Gamemaster Admin

Someone who was experiencing this issue finally submitted a report - huzzah! Coma sickness is now capped at 7 days to account for those who may have been sleeping through a year-long coma. (As before, it can also be significantly less based on other factors.)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/29/2022 12:16 PM
RandomOne
(@randomone)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @analog

Someone who was experiencing this issue finally submitted a report - huzzah! Coma sickness is now capped at 7 days to account for those who may have been sleeping through a year-long coma. (As before, it can also be significantly less based on other factors.)

Thanks for the update!

Check out the JagerBtFM Twitch Stream's Discord at: https://discord.gg/zKcSsrTp

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/29/2022 12:23 PM
ArchMagi
(@archmagi)
Trusted Member

dang, seven days... a week of coma sickness. Ouch.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/31/2022 7:54 AM
Share: