TEC Forums

Notifications
Clear all

Where are we now?

Page 2 / 2

ArchMagi
(@archmagi)
Trusted Member

Keep in mind, they're pretty much all just volunteers, with day jobs.

Even Siddhe has a day job, because this game doesn't support her enough to do this full time.

So, if perhaps you treated them like volunteers, instead of people who owe you things, you might see better results.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2022 11:25 AM
RandomOne
(@randomone)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @archmagi

Keep in mind, they're pretty much all just volunteers, with day jobs.

Even Siddhe has a day job, because this game doesn't support her enough to do this full time.

So, if perhaps you treated them like volunteers, instead of people who owe you things, you might see better results.

I pay for the service. It is a business, not a volunteer organization. 

Check out the JagerBtFM Twitch Stream's Discord at: https://discord.gg/zKcSsrTp

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2022 2:04 PM
Dragonus liked
ArchMagi
(@archmagi)
Trusted Member

@randomone The only one getting paid is Siddhe, unless she's paying the gms and sgs. It is a voluntary service. And even customers don't get to treat people they're buying stuff from, with disrespect, and malice. They're people, with lives of their own. TEC was going to shut down completely, Siddhe took on the mantle to keep this game alive for people like you and me, who want to play it. Server costs and whatnot. There was never an announcement that the staff are paid now, so work under the assumption that most of them are not paid a dime. Might get better results if you treat people like people, instead of someone who owes you for your payment. You pay to play the game, to get perks from paying. Not to dictate terms. You can play for free.

Just a piece of friendly advice, that you're free to ignore, since we all know that I'm not exactly mister sunshine and lollipops, who's the greatest person ever to try and be helpful while failing miserably, to the point where I get told off for it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2022 6:27 PM
RandomOne
(@randomone)
Estimable Member

@archmagi For everyone's sake, I am going to withhold any further comments on this thread directed at you. If you want to have a one on one discussion we can do so in private. I am not sure which post you are reading or replying to, but if you think I was being disrespectful in any of my posts towards the staff, then you are severely misunderstanding everything that I wrote.

Check out the JagerBtFM Twitch Stream's Discord at: https://discord.gg/zKcSsrTp

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/06/2022 6:06 AM
Dragonus liked
Kered
(@kered)
Trusted Member

I can only speak for myself @SGExploison but you are always about even if its to say hello. We do appericate it. As someone who has run events solo without GM help and with GM help I get it when things don't go the way you plan. I think just a monthly hey we did xyz for bug fixes or mini summaries of maybe IG events or things done. Sometimes I personally feel like its players just in an empty world. Even if you like salmon.

Evil.

Est 1999

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/06/2022 9:38 AM
Dragonus liked
ArchMagi
(@archmagi)
Trusted Member

@randomone I don't. I just think this whole thread was getting a little on the demanding side, even though I agree with the idea behind it. I wouldn't mind patch notes. I sometimes even read them.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/06/2022 11:53 AM
Spearman
(@spearman)

Someone let me know when there is another Regime change in a few years.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/07/2022 6:32 PM
Page 2 / 2
Share: