[Closed] The Kelestian people
A brief history as it relates to the Kelestian Invasion of Monlon
First for ease of reading all of the dates will be in “YoTR” or Year of the Republic.
In 52 The Kelestians allied themselves with the Parcines and invaded. The Republic had to accept a loss of over 50 miles inside the established border. During this time the Senate in Iridine composed and ratified the Twelve Tables in 65.
After 26 years of back and forth battles the Parcines and Kelestian forces leave the area and the borders of the Republic are re-established once more.
The Republic had twenty years of peace before the next major battle when the Republic sieges Franlius, both Legio II attacking directly and Legio I preventing supplies to the people of Franlius. As hunger and a plague breaks out the residents of Franlius open the gates begging for food when the town is razed and the population sent to Cinera which causes an outbreak of plague.
Due to military positioning in Franlius and the Republic, Iridine is sacked except for the Tip which stands for five months until reinforcements arrive in 115.
From the mid 150 through 300 the Kelestian people watched from far away as the Republic and the other neighbors continued to war and battle to various degrees of success.
The celebration of the 300th year of the Republic comes with both good and strange news. The Cineran forces had noticeably slimmed down their southeastern positions in support of Franlius before it was flooded. It was reported that the Cineran forces were continuing to move away from the northern borders of the Republic and not just near Franlius. The official statement from the Republic was that the Cineran forces were feeling the sting of defeat from Franlius. The remainder of the Cineran guards on the eastern border would find themselves quickly overrun by the Kelestian forces when they launched their attack in preparation for the next stage.
In 303 the Kelestian forces launched a well timed and prepared attack to surround and occupy Monlon. Several objectives within the city were attacked and once the army seemed to have accomplished specific goals they established a new way of life for those in Monlon.
Recent history events:
- The Republic celebrates 300 years
- Rindak 301
- Franlius is flooded by order of the Cineran Warlord
- Ereal 302
- Some survivors are found
- Aera 303 - Palut 303
- Probing attacks strike Seld and Vetallun. The Legio and TM work to investigate and counter these attacks.
- Jemros 303
- Monlon is invaded by the Kelestian forces
- Scran 304 - Tulcas 308
- The Kelestian forces fully occupy Astraea and establish not only a foothold but well guarded supply routes.
- Cineran forces are found to have abandoned all eastern territorial footholds to the Kelestian invaders.
- Legio II forces are decimated as they use old tactics against a new enemy in attempts to retake Astraea.
- The Kelestian forces expand occupation around Monlon but do not sack the city fully for unknown reasons.
- Survivors of the battles of Astraea return to share difficult news. Legio I and II leadership begins changes of training and adjustments to overcome battlefield weaknesses to varying degrees of success.
- The Kelestian occupiers and those of the Republic begin to find an uneasy day to day life while the military units continue to clash. The Kelestian people invite anyone willing to listen to learn more about them. Several of the leaders of the Kelestian people are witnessed deep in the ravines with heavy guards. They share a story in a codex that tells of a bit of their unbelievable history.
Just making some room. Nothing to see here. Yet!
More room for the future!