TEC Forums

Notifications
Clear all

Open Role-Playing Day

SG Explosion
(@sgexplosion)
Story Guide Moderator

Hey folks I wanted to post a quick clarification for the Open Role-Playing Day event planned for April 8th, 2022

The idea is to provide some of our players who are not on EST play times a chance to be recognized. We realize that most of the Open Role-playing events might have been difficult for them to attend. 

Hope to see you!

Topic starter Posted : 04/06/2022 1:33 PM
RandomOne
(@randomone)
Estimable Member

Good to see the love being spread across all the timezones!

Check out the JagerBtFM Twitch Stream's Discord at: https://discord.gg/zKcSsrTp

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/08/2022 5:03 AM
HeeroYuy liked
Dragonus
(@dragonus)
Eminent Member

How was the turnout on this?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/11/2022 5:13 PM
SG Explosion
(@sgexplosion)
Story Guide Moderator
Posted by: @dragonus

How was the turnout on this?

Surprisingly well. It was the first Open Roleplaying Event that no one requested to be unbanned from the library!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 04/12/2022 3:26 PM
RandomOne liked
SG Explosion
(@sgexplosion)
Story Guide Moderator

Hello folks!

Figured I would update this forum post as we have another Open-RP event coming up tomorrow evening.

There seems to be a little confusion on the intention of these Open Roleplaying events so I wanted to explain a little behind the curtain. Some folks seem to think they are just opportunities to be unbanned from places and others are of the mind set they are an opportunity to try to get Constantine to sell them the Toga. In reality it is a bit more broad in scope.

While we are always on the lookout for characters engaging in roleplay one of the main ideas of setting a specific event was to give players a time and place where they could plan any sort of roleplay or story they want . A time where the focus would be on player interest and engaging when possible, adding a little flavor where appropriate, and bringing out the library attendant when requested. 

During Open RP events I've seen players plan weddings, funerals, go on adventures exploring, plan hunts, or just drink and hang out in bars. Plenty of people try to use that time to make good with NPCs they might have upset or get unbanned from an establishment which is just fine as well. If you are seeking a specific NPC or org NPCs please be aware that they may not always be available at these events.

Always exciting to see what folks come up with. Thanks for reading and I hope to see you tomorrow night!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/12/2022 3:22 PM
HeeroYuy liked
Share: