TEC Forums

Notifications
Clear all

2020/2021 Roadmap?

Herdias
(@herdias)
Eminent Member

Hi GM's!

This didn't get ported over from the old forums so I figured I'd transfer it over from the platform that shan't be named. 

2020 TEC Outlook:

• Basic & premium account updates, with new perks
  • Traits and national lores finalized & released.
  • @retire finalized & released. (@retire would be similar to an @chop, however it would let you go gentle into that good night without needing to actually die)
  • Non-Coms: Release at least one new non-com/crafting skill set. Currently looking at both some of the "usual suspects" (leatherworking, herbalism, cooking, etc.) as well as some unique options you've likely not thought of
  • Add additional NPC jobs for non-coms.
  • Add additional reputation earning opportunities for non-coms, and new opportunities to spend that rep.
  • Combat: Complete an overview of each skill set, looking for opportunities to grow them where possible.
  • New mob types.
  • New hunting grounds.
  • Refurb of existing hunting grounds.
  • Opening up applications for SGLite
  • Renew the Auxilii program
  • Rejuvenate the patrician program
  • Update & refresh orgs
  • Items: New gear types.
  • New housing types & opportunities.
  • Storytelling: Major story arc to span a number of months.
  • Expansion of lores around religions.
  • Introduction of new cultures, and all that brings (new items/gear/lore/language/etc.)

I cannot say we'll achieve these in 2020, but here are a couple of other areas where I'm having happy dreams:

• A gladiator skill set or "style" to compliment other skill sets, for those who want to roll a more "pure" gladiator character.
  • Additional pet types.

Quite a few of these got done and were huge undertakings so kudos! I was just wondering if the Staff had any updates on the ones that weren't completed? Are they overcome by events? Still in the makings? Some new and exciting stuff coming in 2021 that didn't happen in the worst year of our lifetimes?

I'm personally really excited about the combat overhaul and the gladiator skillset. 

Topic starter Posted : 01/30/2021 1:46 PM
Kered
(@kered)
Trusted Member
  • Basic & premium account updates, with new perks    (Done)
  • Traits and national lores finalized & released.  (Done)
  • @retire finalized & released. (@retire would be similar to an @chop, however it would let you go gentle into that good night without needing to actually die) (done)
  • Non-Coms: Release at least one new non-com/crafting skill set. Currently looking at both some of the "usual suspects" (leatherworking, herbalism, cooking, etc.) as well as some unique options you've likely not thought of  (Not done)
  • Add additional NPC jobs for non-coms. (Some?_
  • Add additional reputation earning opportunities for non-coms, and new opportunities to spend that rep. (Not done)
  • Combat: Complete an overview of each skill set, looking for opportunities to grow them where possible. (not done)
  • New mob types. (Not done_)
  • New hunting grounds. (Not done)
  • Refurb of existing hunting grounds. (Not done)
  • Opening up applications for SGLite ( Some done?)
  • Renew the Auxilii program (Not done)
  • Rejuvenate the patrician program (Not done)
  • Update & refresh orgs (Not done)
  • Items: New gear types. (not done)
  • New housing types & opportunities. (semi done)
  • Storytelling: Major story arc to span a number of months. (some?)
  • Expansion of lores around religions. (some? i guess the steps one would maybe?)
  • Introduction of new cultures, and all that brings (new items/gear/lore/language/etc.) (not done)

2021 road map to finish these? Just curious 

Est 1999

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/31/2021 10:42 PM
Ilkilyn
(@ilkilyn)

Lores around religions is actively underway and a big effort
Org Revamp we've had indications of big progress coming soon, so looking forward to that big time as I believe it's been a huge ask from nearly everyone

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/02/2021 11:08 AM
Share: