TEC Forums

Notifications
Clear all

What do you want to see coded on TEC?

sigsauer
(@sigsauer)
Eminent Member

In my time of playing here, I've seen the release of:

BHC, Sea cliff Pirate ship?, Temple in rat pit?, Aralex, Traits.

All but one of these are builder changes, and assuming builders can make their own

mob progs for AI.   I've a pretty good sense of how fast something can be coded based off

decades of experience on different codebases.  That said, I believe our coders are mostly just

doing housekeeping bug fixes, like restoring stuff that disappears, or looking for that misplaced semicolon...

or maybe just getting side tracked script checking folks...

What would you (the players) like to see this year for real projects the coders work on?

My thoughts:

#1 Website (its trash),

#2 Client (its trash),

#3 Accessibility for Blind folks (Achaea has a dedicated programmer just for making the game blind accessible)

#4 Merchant Skillset (not just a copy and paste of some trash someone 20 years ago with some changed descript something NEW and coded from          scratch).  Right now noncoms are dumb, and there's no reason to group with any classes other than "to roleplay, or to have company".

#5 Revert the stat purchases, You guys already know I'm max stats and I'm never renewing again.  So, I'm not saying this in the interest for myself

but the state of stats being a cash grab @perk is a bad look.  There is really only 5 things worth having RPS for in my book.  Customs you can't 

get otherwise, Skill slot moves, Vet chars (lol trash for investment), Stats/Traits.  Stats being the most important.  The way it is just cucks        anyone new going forward, please revert for the poor folks who hasn't made the investments yet.

I'm pushing add topic, pls approve, pls no 500 forbidden.

Auburn to the CWS! War damn eagle.

Topic starter Posted : 03/01/2022 9:59 PM
Ikirax liked
RandomOne
(@randomone)
Estimable Member

The things I would like to see coded into TEC are more QoL Changes:

#1 "Wait for Drover" command - Similar to the "Wait for ship/ferry/dock", I would love the ability to wait for the drover.

#2 Wagons to each town/area - I would very much enjoy a central hub in Iridine somewhere used as a wagon yard for travels. And then a corresponding yard in each town to get back to Iridine.

#3 Leatherworking/Armorsmithing/Weaponsmithing - No explanation needed.

#4 "Compare" command - I was just discussing this with someone recently. We know that weapon/armor values are on a sliding scale for things, so I wish there was a way to compare two items and get an approximation of which is better in what aspect. For instance:

Compare boison gladius to alanti gladius
You compare a boison gladius to an alanti gladius. 
You can tell that the alanti gladius will be faster than the boison gladius. You can tell the boison gladius will deal more damage. You can tell the boison gladius is more durable than the alanti gladius. Overall, you feel the boison gladius is the better weapon. 

I know they do not ever want us to know actual values for things, hence why the value is hidden. But "comparing" 2 things and giving an idea of which is better would be a good start. And add a way to compare stock items from a vendor to items on your person, so you can see if a weapon or piece of armor is better than what you currently have.

My hope was weapons would compare speed, damage, and durability. Shields would be the same. Armor would be protection level. This way, if you have two pieces of "fairly good" armor, you could compare them to at least know which is better or, if it is worth purchasing. 

Check out the JagerBtFM Twitch Stream's Discord at: https://discord.gg/zKcSsrTp

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/02/2022 7:59 AM
RandomOne
(@randomone)
Estimable Member

Also note, if something has the same "value" for what is being compared, then the game would return "You can tell that these two items are equal in [speed/durability/damage/protection]."

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/02/2022 8:08 AM
sigsauer
(@sigsauer)
Eminent Member

#1 "Wait for Drover" command - Similar to the "Wait for ship/ferry/dock", I would love the ability to wait for the drover.

#2 Wagons to each town/area - I would very much enjoy a central hub in Iridine somewhere used as a wagon yard for travels. And then a corresponding yard in each town to get back to Iridine.

#4 "Compare" command - I was just discussing this with someone recently. We know that weapon/armor values are on a sliding scale for things, so I wish there was a way to compare two items and get an approximation of which is better in what aspect. For instance:

yassssss, pls yasss.

Inspect command- (its trash), even ye old scroll of identify would suffice for me.  I'm a believer that some of these archaic systems are meant for those behind the curtain and their friends to know the mechanics and benefit from them while others get to "figure it out through testing".  If I didn't meet a few combat people who've done extensive testing on their own time I wouldn't have a clue about anything.  I have two fangstaves, both are superior quality, excellent condition... one hits like a feather, one hits hard.  I have seen compare command done on other MUDs for judging players, as well.  In this mud they call it combat assess (it's trash).  It only gives you a total combat rank threshold.  It could be expanded to compare endurance, strength, dex, etc.. without giving away "numbers". 

I've seen it done this way:

consider/compare/assess randomone

[Combatassess:   You     |  RandomOne's Optional  Hard Numbers  or Description]

TCR               3000                                  3300               Seems like an even fight.

HP                110                                     200                Prepare the pyre.

Speed             110                                     200                He can run laps around you.

Unreliable comparison of all categories:  This seems like a fair fight.

I really like the #2 idea.  I've seen this on other games, as well.  

Auburn to the CWS! War damn eagle.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/02/2022 10:31 PM
RandomOne liked
Dragonus
(@dragonus)
Eminent Member

I always thought (and had made a few requests back in the day) that the sizeup command would be super useful if you could apply it to containers to get a sense of how much a sack or a backpack or a cabinet or a wagon could hold.

I honestly don't know how much bandwidth the TEC coders would have for larger scale projects, like a Client revamp. Website could be doable, but it still takes time.

We'll see about completely new skill sets, like leatherworking. But I'm honestly not holding my breath.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/09/2022 5:47 PM
MurfTEC
(@murftec)

1. How about a merchant that players can use to sell items. 

Offer gladius to "vendor"

Vendor asks you, What do you want me to do with this? [buy/sell]

You say to vendor sell.

Vendor says to you, how much do you want this sold for? 

You say to vendor 2 talents. 

They keep 5% fee for storing the item. and people can go to this vendor when they want to look up stuff. like the specialty shop. when you want to look at the vendor, have different cases for armor, weapons, clothing ect. 

2. How about a assistant mayor in each city that can give you quests for within their area? 

-you can gain rep for the city

-you can get money for the quest or special item "like stromheim tokens" 

-quest example - Rock Valley quest. Kill 500 men in undertown. You get xxx coins. rep of xxx which helps towards a special vendor for items like seld removed link Not just donating ore, or armbands. 

Do this to give an incentive to try out new areas and get something out of it. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/02/2022 3:15 AM
RandomOne liked
Dragonus
(@dragonus)
Eminent Member

General notice when someone deposits money into your bank account. Can be when you enter the bank (clerk whispers to you) or use the bank command (more of an 'OOC' type notice).

Maybe when someone transfers money to you they can leave their name or do so anonymously.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/11/2022 6:20 PM
RandomOne liked
RandomOne
(@randomone)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @dragonus

General notice when someone deposits money into your bank account. Can be when you enter the bank (clerk whispers to you) or use the bank command (more of an 'OOC' type notice).

Maybe when someone transfers money to you they can leave their name or do so anonymously.

That is a really good idea. Or maybe an option on the "Bank" menu for "Recent Activity" which lists the 10 most recent bank transactions dealing with that account. Withdraws and Deposits.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/12/2022 6:54 AM
Share: