[Sticky] Patch Notes
Several players have reported bugs with the creature button. This condition has been patched and those players have been awarded a free use of the creature push button through their @perks menu. The changes include:
1. Players should no longer be able to emulate NPCs who are non-functional.
2. The NPC selection algorithm has been tweaked to select between the various NPC types more evenly as certain creature types were much more likely to be selected.
3. The END command has been made available to players of NPCs. This command is available for use when your NPC is unconscious or comatose, and will cause the NPC to die normally.
A bug has been fixed that allowed characters created after the recent traits release to redo their traits for free. It was always the intention that older characters, rolled before the traits update, would get the free redo through @traits.
Additionally, the Worldly Knowledge trait was still allowing characters who chose it during character generation to get the two free languages that previously came with the trait. This has also been fixed as the idea was to replace the free languages with a gigantic bonus toward learning languages IC since that is possible now.
If you are one of the few who benefited from these errors, don't worry. There will be no retroactive editing of characters for these bugs.
1. The @reset-ranks command has been disabled due to abuse.
2. Thrown weapon skills will no longer award skill points due to buggy interactions with practice weapons.
3. Wielding a practice weapon will no longer affect skill point gain, damage, or critical hits for Brawling and Shields attacks.
The weights of the various chisel hammer items were far less than they should have been due to a bug. This is now fixed.
A few recent bugfixes:
Freeing yourself from grapples should now become easier on subsequent attempts depending on the character's stats. This should help address the feeling of being stuck in certain grapples for what feels like eternity.
Tiny rose quartz mined from Monlon previously did not have an appropriate sell value. This has been corrected.
Young Legio soldier will now take back more Legio-purchased gear than before. However, select items that are sold there for convenience that are not Legio-issued, cannot be returned.
Tailoring profits had inadvertently been affected by the citizenship registry process. This has been corrected.
Melilia has been asked to have better discretion, and will no longer reveal a hidden character upon entry.
Clear-hands now has a roundtime and cannot be used unless you actually have an item stuck in your inventory. The inventory command will also find the item and move it to the character's hands.
Bank notes now reflect the proper year.
Found an issue where stat modifications were stuck on characters. This has been corrected and code has been put into place to ensure that these mods are properly cleared.
The Gang Marking skill was not finding certain org memberships. It now finds those groups.
Luck! can now be used by comatose patients while in a lean-to, and the local nosy camper will drag you to safety.
The option to leave behind a corpse as part of the @retire command now costs 50 Role Points for all account types. Eligible characters may still be retired for free via the default option that sends a final emote then removes the character without leaving behind a corpse.
Noteworthy bug fixes from this week:
Orentho in the Nehal was taking certain humanoids. Now he doesn't.
Iron charms weighed in at a hefty 18 lbs. This has been corrected.
There was some confusion that archery had received an undocumented update. There has been no change made to archery. What has been reported regarding footpins is directly related to last week's note that grapples are now easier to break free from, as footpin is technically a "grapple."
Here are a couple of bugfixes from this week that players may consider to be useful information:
When fish sizes were last updated, Borkos' pricing of them was overlooked and therefore out of balance with other items. The value of those fish have been adjusted accordingly.
Seld shopkeepers were not properly resetting their prices. This has been fixed.
Here are the weekly notable bugfixes:
Jovinus' supply of small sacks has gotten a bit short, so he now pays out via vellum when over the appropriate threshold (like most other shopkeepers).
Whittled goods, items that were not intended to be sold to shopkeepers, have been fixed to have no value to them.
The 2H axe stepping slash move had a typo that has been fixed.
There had been a long-standing grouping issue with chests that prevented more than one chest from being picked up at a time. You should now be able to discard more than one chest at a time.
While not a bug, after the implementation of the new OOC Chat channel, requests were made to aid with more customization, and those have been added. You can now chose your own display colors, as well as set your name display to character or account. View ?ooc chat for more information.
Here are a few bugfixes from the last week:
- Various typos and "group name" updates were corrected.
- Select inn room furniture was not appropriately fastened to the floor. Thanks to those who reported it instead of scoring free firewood. 😉
- Language trainers now have a 30-minute time limit from the time you arrive, and a 5-minute idle timer before you'll be shown the door and be asked to return when more prepared to learn.
A few notes from this week:
- To eliminate confusion, armor no longer displays quality when you look at or inspect the item. While the quality still exists, that quality currently has no meaningful value.
- A number of typos, grouping issues, and pluralization issues were corrected.
- The Auxilii donation box was allowing the removal of select previously donated items. This has been fixed.
- There were issues with trying look or go into the entrance to the furnace room across from Apula's when using "E" or "east" - this has been corrected.
While not a bugfix, it is worth noting that the Pickpocketing skill Slice Strap is now available from a public trainer.